Stinky Chic

One guy, three gals, and countless colognes.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

CKIN2U

(Update: I caught up to Liz and edited this post to include her comments below Sari's...)

This week's scent du jour is CKIN2U. It's a good thing we don't rate the names because I'm torn between considering that to be a bad license plate or some tweens phone-texting shorthand... but perhaps that's their target demographic.

Sari's first reaction was an immediate liking. She thinks this might be our first true bad boy cologne. Sari also thought it was more business than casual. I asked how it can be both business and bad boy and she claimed to envision a very assertive man wearing a nice suit. That's definitely a mental image I'd like to convey when trying to impress a woman. She described the scent as musky and a little powdery, but not sweet. I asked her where she might expect to buy such a cologne and she speculated an upscale department store. We had quite the discussion about which department stores were upscale and which weren't, but I won't burn any bridges by naming names here. I asked Sari what type of date it put her in the mood for and she picked dinner and a movie, but amended the scenario by specifying a very nice long dinner and maybe no movie. In other words, I think she's talking about a fancy high-class establishment, an excuse to wear that black dress with the heels... you know what I'm talking about, right? Yeah, this cologne is another winner. As a matter of fact, I'm heading out right after work and I'm going to wear this one tonight.

Liz's reactions were eerily exact matches of Sari's. She said it was familiar. Familiar good or familiar bad, I asked? Good she said, with a twinkle in her wide eyes. I asked her to describe the man she envisioned wearing it and she painted the picture of a clean-cut serious business man wearing a fine suit, just like Sari had done. I asked her how such a man could also be a bad boy and she explained that he's a lady killer. Liz continued to define her vision by explaining it was something an anchorman would wear; "the guy in the studio behind the desk, not the report," she clarified. Both ladies had such a strong and positive reaction to this cologne I think I'm going to order a crate of it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home