Stinky Chic

One guy, three gals, and countless colognes.

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Ralph Lauren Romance Silver

Our scent this week is Ralph Lauren Romance Silver. This week's review is going to be another two-parter as I've only collected Sari and Liz's impressions so far; I'll have to touch base with Annette later.

Sari was first to test, but I'm going to splice her and Liz's comments together as they were in agreement on most points, but the disagreements provide a nice contrast.

Sari described the fragrance as masculine but not intimidating. Sari denied any muskiness, but Liz felt it had a hint. I threw out the adjective "pungent" and Liz nodded in agreement; but she's an agreeable person so take that with a grain of salt :-)

Sari and Liz agreed that it was more business than pleasure, but Liz added it would be a good night-time cologne for a trip to the opera, not the club. Liz expanded on that thought saying it reminded her of a playboy or a sophisticated jock. I asked what she meant by that, and she was at a loss for examples. So I offered up Lance Armstrong (an idol of hers) and Dan Marino (a local retired football celebrity) and she conceded they might fit the bill.

Sari declared it to be light and fresh, but Liz described it as strong and "not subtle." Sari took the test first and I didn't re-apply any more before interviewing Liz, so there's no discrepancy in how much I used. If anything it should have been lighter for Liz. It seems some women might have drastically different impressions or reactions to certain scents.

Sari wrapped it up by describing the aroma as something you might expect from a fine expensive soap.

Both ladies agreed the fragrance was more nice guy than bad boy. Sari thought it reminded her of a cologne her father (a successful dentist) wears to work. Liz insisted it reminded her of an old boyfriend.

After hearing about Liz's nostalgic reaction, Sari advised me to warn our readers to be wary and conscious of fragrances that remind our significant others of past acquaintances and broken hearts.

I happen to know that this is a favorite of Annette's, so before I even give her the test (which I hope to post this weekend) I can safely declare Ralph Lauren Romance Silver another hands-down winner.

I think for the next test I'm going to spice it up a little and just ask one question: "Close your eyes, take a whiff, and describe to me the man that appears in your imagination." That should provide some colorful and entertaining commentary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home