Stinky Chic

One guy, three gals, and countless colognes.

Saturday, September 1, 2007

Burberry Touch for Men

Our first scent was one of my favorites: Burberry Touch for Men.

Liz was the first intrepid inhaler, and her initial comment was it reminded her of her boyfriend's usual scent (we'll track that down and review it in a later post). She gave me the typical "it's good" and "I like it" so I had to dig a little deeper, like some investigative reporter. She eventually conceded that it was sweet and flowery. She considered it to be a night-life scent with a youthful impression that would make "a good date cologne." Liz also made me chuckle commenting "it's not something your grandpa would wear." I wrapped up the interrogation asking if she liked her colognes thick or subtle, and she advised to always wear them in moderation. After the Q&A I revealed the name of the fragrance and she scowled, "I hate Burberry; they are mean to animals." I can't vouch for the validity of that statement, but being a devout vegan, Liz assuredly knows more about it than I.

Second to take a whiff was Sari (rhymes with cherry). She caught me off-guard by going all nostalgic and explaining how it reminded her of a scratch-and-sniff book she had as a child. Apparently the book had a page where somebody had spilled some cologne, and this fragrance reminded her of it. It's funny how strongly a scent can be tied to a memory. Sari agreed with Liz that the scent was flowery. Sari added that it was smooth, casual, and not overwhelming, adding credence to Liz's advice on wearing cologne in moderation. She liked it.

I think it's clear that this one is a winner.

I think we all had a lot of fun with this little exercise and I look forward to doing it again with the next entrant. I also hope to add a third female reviewer; I'll have that decision by the end of the holiday weekend.

If you have any comments on this particular product, or want to suggest a product for future review, or have any general comments, questions, or criticisms, please leave us a comment. Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home