Stinky Chic

One guy, three gals, and countless colognes.

Friday, August 31, 2007

Scientific testing? Pshaw

I conducted my first test this morning, and I'll be publishing the results very soon, but I wanted to first explain a little bit about the testing method.

I spray the cologne on my wrist, give it a few minutes to settle, then one at a time ask a friend to smell it and comment. I ask them one at a time so that the participants don't play off each other's responses; so that peer pressure doesn't sway their opinions. If I get a terse response like "that's nice" or just "I like it", I will try to dig a little more out of them by asking questions like: Would you describe it as...

Sweet, fruity, musk, citrus, flowery?

White collar or blue collar?

Business or casual?

Night life or office?

Nice guy or bad boy?

And my favorite:

How would you describe it to somebody over the phone?

I then take notes on their responses, which I'll compile into a nice write-up and post here as soon as possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home